History March 1937: Thirty-six people gathered to organize a church. At that time, Peace Progressive Missionary Baptist Church was organized. It was under the leadership of Rev. C Fluker that the members found and purchased property for the church. 1938 – 1941: Rev. Anderson 1949: In the year of 1949, the late Rev. W.G. Blackson purchased the land at 2607 24th Ave where the church stands now. 1951 – 1962: After assuming the leadership role of Pastor, the late Rev. J.C. Goins saw the need to erect a new building for worship. It was in the year 1966 that a new block structure was constructed and the “Peace” members marched in the new Church. 1963 – 1964: Rev. W. L. Williams 1964: Rev. J C. Goins returned to Peace Baptist Church June 1966: Rev. Goins and members marched into a new edifice. October 1977: the church received a facelift by changing the front part of it. November 1977: The mortgage was burned. 1979: Rear lot of the church was purchased. 1982: Pews were cushioned September 1984: retirement program for its pastors started. Shortly afterward, Rev. J. C. Goins retired from Peace Baptist. May 1985: Rev. William Frank Leonard became the new pastor. 1988: Church debt was liquidated and Rev. Leonard started a children’s choir. January 1991: Youth church established. 1991: choir #2 and male choir was disbanded and the new choir is Leonard’s Gospel. 1992: Personal Outreach Ministry began. November 1995: Church van was purchased. 2006: Interior improvements started including additional pews and carpeting. June 2007: Rev. Leonard announced his retirement. October 31, 2007: Rev. Leonard officially retired. November 2007: Alfonzo Broughton assumed the role of Interim Pastor. 2008: Search for Senior Pastor took place February 7, 2009: Election for Senior Pastor held. March 1, 2009: Rev. Albert Gallmon voted on by the church to be the Senior Pastor of Peace Missionary Baptist Church.